I had about an hour to spare last Sun. I felt very weird not baking anything for the weekend, so I managed to pyscho myself to DO SOMETHING! Otherwise I would not have a 'great weekend'.
It was a simple task as I baked half the portion. So everything was quick, clean and easy! These muffins are small and serve as a good afternoon snack or breakfast. I use margarine so it's lots healthier.
Serves about 7.
60g caster sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
55g plain flour (sifted)
40g melted butter
About 20g Lindt chocolate (to double boil)
1. Whisk A at high speed until pale yellow (something very smooth and creamy)
2. Add in B and mix well with a spatula.
3. Add in C and combine thoroughly.
4. Pour batter into 7 muffin cups (3/4 full) and drop melted chocolate over. Swirl with a toothpick.
5. Bake at 180deg C for about 25min.
(ok not very well taken pics as they were taken on my study table and using compact cam)
You may add orange zest if you want something citrus, or chocolate chips if you want a double chocolate flavour. Or you can add both! It's free play!