The original recipe from Prima website is suitable for 18cm pan but because I got myself a 23cm pan, I multiplied the ingredients by 1.5 for the ideal size and height. (listed in red) I frequently follow recipes from the Prima website as I find them very easy to follow and tend to have a 90% success rate even when baking it for the first time. The remaining 10% is well.... based on a recipe of good luck and skill :S
Squeezing out the pandan juice
The uneven cracked top
Final piece of cake :)(150g) 100 g Top Flour (couldn't get it in Fairprice near my place, so I got it from Cold Storage) (1.5 tsp) 1 tsp Baking Powder
(1.5 tbsp) 1 tbsp Pandan Juice (I added more juice to 'enhance' the flavour)
(150 ml) 100 ml Coconut Milk (I use trim coconut milk for less the fat than origninal pack)
(6) 4 Egg Yolks
(75) 50 ml Corn Oil
¼ tsp Green Colouring (I only add a small drop)
(7) 5 Egg Whites
¼ tsp Cream of Tartar
(150g) 100 g Castor Sugar
Pinch of Salt
1 Preheat oven to 170°.
2 Extract pandan juice from finely pounded pandan leaves mixed with water, and add to coconut milk. Stir well.
3 Add egg yolk, 50 g sugar, oil, colouring and salt to the coconut mixture. Mix well using hand whisk.
4 Sift top flour and baking powder and fold into mixture. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
5 Beat egg whites and tartar at high speed until formy. Add remaining 50 g sugar and beat until stiff. (it gets abit noisy here at high speed :S)
6 Add 1/3 beaten egg white to the yolk mixture and mix using a hand whisk.
7 Slowly fold in this mixture to the remaining 2/3 of beaten egg whites.
8 Pour mixture into an ungreased 23cm chiffon tin and bake for about 50mins.
9 Turn tin over on a cake rack to cool before loosening cake.
(adapted from Prima website)