A cake that you can bake on a weekday night and it takes only 20min to prepare. Baking time is about 30min and before you know it, you have freshly baked orange sponge cake right in your kitchen.. Something sweet to help you chase away your Monday blues...
Plain Flour - 110g (sifted)
Melted butter - 70g
Eggs - 4
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Caster sugar - 100g
Some orange zest
Orange juice - 1/2 tsp
1. Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla essence till pale and creamy (approx 4 min on medium speed)
2. Pour in orange zest and juice and mix
3. Fold in flour and incorporate well
4. Pour in melted butter and mix well
5. Bake in a 20cm pan at 180deg C for 30 min
Can you smell it?