1/2 tsp salt
180g vegetable oil (I use canola, but you can also use olive oil)
1 tsp vanilla essence
(C) (all sifted)
280g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
150g carrots, shredded (original receipe calls for 200g but I was too tired from shredding!)
120g walnuts, chopped
200g cream cheese (original receipe of 250g was way too much for me)
120g icing sugar
1 lemon zest, grated
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp orange juice (orange juice is optional as I had leftover)
1. Whip A till well combined, followed by B.
2. Sieve in C and mix well.
3. Add in D and mix well.
4. Pour batter into a 30x23cm moud and bake at 180deg for 40min.
1. Beat cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add butter and continue beating.
3. Add sugar and baet till well combined.
4. Add lemon zest and juice. Mix well.
5. Spread topping on a cooled cake otherwise it will be very watery on the cake.
(Source adapted: Fruity Cakes by Alex Goh)