Friday, July 10, 2009

Brownie

(this picture wasnt very well taken but pls bear with me)

This recipe was given to me by my friend who had successfully achieved the brownie. I cut down the original amt of sugar as I couldn't bear seeing myself pouring so much sugar into a mixture and eventually our stomach. With the chocolate chips added in, it definitely will not be unsweet. The recipe given to me was just simply mix everything together and bake! As easy as that. Nothing like step 1, xx step 2 xx... I was puzzled but that was how the recipe was. And it didn't turn out too bad..

3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 1/4 cup caster sugar
1 1/3 cup plain flour
4 eggs
250g melted butter (I use 200g)
1/4 tsp baking powder
Some chocolate chips
(1/3 block white chocolate but I replaced this with white marshmallow)

Mix all ingredients together and bake at 170 deg C for 50 min. My marshmallow didn't turn out as I expected. I expected some white chewy stuff in the brownie but it came out all black
:( Nevermind. Try again next time..

5 comments:

Simones Kitchen said...

I love recipes where the only thing you need to do is throw everything together and voila, done! And brownies are always good. Your photos is not that bad either Missy!

Missy said...

tks for the consolation Junglefrog.. this one came out a bit disastrous! hahaah :)

felicia said...

wow! those brownies look really really moist.
looks like they'll melt in your mouth. heh.
thanks for sharing. i'll definitely try this one out.

Missy said...

Felicia: u might wanna cut down the sugar :) tks!

white orchid said...

hi i use 3/4 cup sugar only as i also add mashmallows. i just lay them in the middle layer and a few on top. they look white when baked. the mashmallows also pretty sweet ya? usually brownie bake 25 mins. do we have to bake 50mins. well mine is still baking in oven now....