Here are the easy steps off from the book of Cakes & Slices.
185g butter, chopped
250g dark chocolate chips
215g self raising flour (I use top flour)
40g unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted together with flour)
375g caster sugar (I use 350g)
3 eggs at room temperature, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 160deg C and lightly grease a 22cm cake tin.
2. Melt A in a bowl, over simmering water till butter and chocolate chips have melted
3. Combine A with C and D.
4. Add 250ml of water and mix well. Add the flour and cocoa mixture and stir till well combined.
5. Bake for 1 hr 30min (but i halved the portion in a smaller tin, so I baked for about an hour)
20g butter, chopped
125g dark chocolate, chopped
1. Melt butter and chcolate chips in a bowl, over simmering water. Spread topping over cooled cake and decorate as you wish.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Rich Dark Chocolate Cake
Nobody can resist the temptation of a deliciously baked rich chocolate cake. If you love chocolates, this is a recipe you shouldn't miss. It is rich, moist, chocolatey and not too sweet to my liking.