340 g PrimaFlour SuperLite Flour (i couldnt find this, so I substituted it with Plain flour)
115 g Butter (soft)
115 g Soft Margarine
70 g Icing Sugar
1. Add margarine, butter and icing sugar into a mixing bowl. Mix for 5-7 mins at low speed.
2. Add the egg into mixture and mix for another 2 mins at low speed.
3. Fold in the flour and blend well. (Here it is wet and oily but make sure flour is well incorporated into the dough) Cover the dough with a piece of cloth and keep in the fridge till firm. (approx 10-15min)
4. Remove the dough and roll it out to 3mm thick. Cut and line the pastry into the egg tart mould. (This is the toughest part!)
115 g Water
40 g Sugar
35 ml Milk
1 ½ Eggs
I added 10g of custard powder
1. Using a hand whisk, dissolve the sugar into the water. (I use hot water so the sugar can dissolve)
2. Blend in milk, egg and mix well. (This is where I add 10g of custard powder to make it more firm and 'curd-like')
3. Pour the custard into the egg tart mould.
4. Preheat the oven to 220deg C, bake for 20 mins till the custard has set and the crust golden brown. (I use 200 deg C)
Note: the egg custard recipe here only makes about 8. I had to repeat the recipe about 2 more times for the extra crust left.
Verdict: some love this, but I still think my skills can be improved much further