Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Lemon Chicken Wings

I invited my in-laws, parents and uncle over for dinner last Sunday. As most of them are elderly, it was apt to do a healthy, home cooked dinner that's not too oily and salty. I wrecked my brain abit on what the most ideal dish would be to do on a Sunday. I had in mind Lemon Chicken Wings, but wasnt 100% confident in doing. Did abit of research and finally decided on it.

Here's what I did, along with some steps taken from some sites as reference. The ingredients needed are of course chicken wings, rosemary, sea salt, olive oil, chopped garlic, lemons made into juice and some zest, plum sauce (can get from Asian grocers but totally optional) and about 1tsp butter.

I marinated the chicken wings with rosemary, olive oil and sea salt overnight. The next day when I was ready to cook, I heated some olive oil and added chopped garlic into it to add some flavour. Remove from the stove, and add the butter (to give it a stronger flavour), lemon juice and zest, 1tsp of plum sauce and 1tsp of sugar into the mixture and stir well.

I pan fry the chicken wings till almost cooked or abit brown.

Meanwhile, slice some lemons and place them on a casserole. Place the pan fried chicken wings on it and pour the sauce over. Bake it for 20min at 180 deg.

That's it!
Lemon juice with rinds

 
Olive oil with chopped garlic
 

Sliced lemons
 

Lemon Chicken Wings

 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is really nice informative blog you shared with us in this you discuss the about the whole wheat lemon chicken wings and its benefits people who wants to make it must read this blog this will surely help them a lot.

Real Usha Foods | Usha Foods