This recipe is dedicated to my friend whom I've lost touch for 17 years. We met by chance on one fine evening (good if you are reading this) and we were both overwhelmed by our emotions. She cried, I teared. We caught up with each other again. In anticipation of our meeting once again after 17 years, I decided to bake her some blueberry muffins, hoping she and her family would enjoy.
Here's what you need:
375g plain flour (sifted)
1 tbsp baking powder (sifted with flour)
125g soft brown sugar
B 165g melted butter
2 eggs lightly beaten
250ml fresh milk
185g fresh bluberries (about one small tray)
1. Preheat oven to 210deg C.
2. Mix A and make a well in the centre.
3. Pour in the combined B items.
4. Fold in mixture but do not overmix. Batter should be lumpy.
5. Place blueberries into mixture and mix. 6. Pour into approx 12 muffin cups. Batter should fill up to 3/4 of the cup.