Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mini Mocha Cakes

More sweet stuff coming your way. Forget about the weighing scale. Eat and be merry! It's all about indulgence and feeling happy! V Day follows after CNY, so there you have it! Sweet desserts to feel sweet and loved.


The combination of chocolate and coffee is known as mocha. These mini mocha cakes are dusted with icing sugar... that makes it so beautiful and yummy..



All you need are:


100g butter (softened)
80g light brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp coffee mixed with 1 tsp warm water
75g self raising flour
20g cocoa powder

Steps:
1. Cream butter + sugar till light and fluffy
2. Beat egg and add in diluted coffee powder
3. Add egg mixture into butter mixture
4. Fold in sifted flour and cocoa powder
5. Pour into about 7 cups and bake at 180deg C for 20 min.
6. Sprinkle some icing sugar, or add buttercream and add a piece of the cake cut on top.

Time taken: <45min

(Source adapted: The Usborne Children's Book of Baking)

7 comments:

Phoebe said...

hi Missy! I am from Singapore too. SO glad to have stumbled onto your blog! The food looks great!! I will have a look at your travelling blog too as that looks really fun!

Happy Homebaker said...

wow, these little cakes look so cute! I am so gonna give it a try some day :D

Anonymous said...

The little cakes look so good and tempting!!!

I like the combination of choc and coffee, when I make choc cake I also add a little bit of coffee (I use Nescafe Gold) to enhance the taste.

PiggyPork said...

I'm a choco & coffee lover, and your mocha cake looks yummy! I shall give it a shot this weekend :D

Anonymous said...

i am loving your blog! everything looks so delicious!!

My comfort food network said...

Hi Missy,

Thanks for visiting me. You have a lovely blog. These mini mocha cakes look awesome. I am such a chocolate fan, so anything brown is mouthwatering. Will try this one for sure.

Missy said...

HI There Phoebe. thanks for stopping by. feel free to drop a comment or two in any blogs :)

HHB: Yes pls do.. but i dont really taste the coffee flavour a lot. you might want to increase the coffee content and reduce the cocoa.. and see how it goes :)

my comfort food network, piggypork and dessertobsessed: yes pls try them :) hope you will like it as much as i do.