My colleague gave me this recipe which I thought was very good. It didn't involve any baking - only steaming.
1 cup of castor sugar (I cut down to 2/3 cup)
200g evaporated milk (I use low fat)
2 eggs, lightly beaten with a folk
1 cup of plain flour
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1. Combine castor sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla extract or essence and butter in a saucepan over low heat.
2. When sugar is dissolved and butter is melted, off fire.
3. Add the beaten eggs into the slightly cold evaporated milk mixture and stir well.
4. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bowl then pour the eggs mixture over the flour and stir well.
5. Heat up the steamer and line and grease a 20cm baking pan.
6. Pour the batter into the pan and place the pans into the steamer. Cover the top of the pan loosely with a piece of aluminium foil.
7. Steam over medium heat for 45 mins.
Top layer looks watery due to condensation but the inside is fine.
(Source adapted: lazy chef)