Thursday, April 9, 2015

Almond cookies

It was Chinese New Year. After seeing all the delicious posts that many had posted on SHC, I was very tempted to start baking and heat up the oven of mine.

I tried my hand at Almond Cookies. It is one of my favourite CNY cookies as I love the almond fragrance. It was a lovely treat for me and friends!  

This is a very simple and straightforward recipe and about 25-30 cookies can be done in one night with no fuss. No kidding!

I adapted the recipe from Dequeen Kitchen.





30g almond meal, 45g plain flour, 30g fine sugar, pinch of salt, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 30ml canola oil, 1 egg (I doubled this recipe, but use only 3/4 of the sugar required)

Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl with the oil being the last (I used a metal spoon to mix)

Mix well

Scoop 1/2 tbsp of mixture and roll it into a ball (texture should be somewhat easy to knead and roll without breaking up into crumbs too much)

Place balls on paper lined tray and press down the top gently

Do a light egg wash

Bake at preheated oven of 180deg C for 17 minutes (17 is my ideal time)

Cool cookies on a cooling rack before packing



No comments: