I have always liked to take Chinese dessert as they are often easier to prepare compared to Western ones. They require lesser ingredients and the ingredients used are often easier to find. It only takes about 30 min to an hr to prepare one simple yet delicious dessert.
This Beancurd Barley with Ginko Nut dessert is sweet and healthy!
All you need:
5-6 cups of water
1/2 cup barley seeds (approximate)
1 beancurd sheet (soaked in water till soft - about A4 size)
3 1/2 tbsp rock sugar (depending on how sweet you want)
1 egg white
1. Boil barley in water till soft.
2. Add in gingko nuts and boil for another 20min.
3. Add in beancurd sheet and let it break while cooking. Continue stirring.
4. Add in sugar. Stir well.
5. Heat over slow fire for about 20-30min.
6. Add egg white and stir evenly.
7. Ready to serve.